Keeping Up: How the law of surety is evolving and the impact to your business
Whether you’re a YP (Young Professional) or an MP (Mature Professional), you don’t want to miss out on BLG’s Legal Update session on Friday, September 29 in Toronto.
Topics will include:
- Is there a move towards the imposition of duties on an Obligee to a Claimant under a Payment Bond?
- How will the proposed amendments to the Ontario Construction Lien Act impact Sureties?
- Do indemnity rights under a Commercial Surety bond matter in the Principal’s bankruptcy proceeding?
- What are the Surety’s subrogation rights against an Obligee under a Payment Bond?
- How do changes in the law of surety impact the bottom-line?
Friday, September 29, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Registration
9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Session
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower
22 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 4E3
**No shows and cancellations received after September 22 will be invoiced for the full amount. Substitutions are permitted.
Please complete the registration form below.